The London Music Map is a new way of looking at the capital
and shows the city in a way that has never been seen before.
This is your guide to the greatest rock 'n' roll stories ever told!
The London Music Map is an essential visual guide
for anyone who loves to listen to the sounds of the city.
Learn where iconic album cover photographs were taken
Visit the locations of famous studios and legendary music venues
Discover where your favourite artists were born, where they lived and even where they died
What's on the London Music Map?
• Album Covers including the classic albums Abbey Road, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, (What’s The Story) Morning Glory, Parklife and many more
• Born or Lived Here including the homes of Freddie Mercury, Dusty Springfield and others
• Music Venues including the legendary Hammersmith Odeon, seminal punk venue the Roxy and the sadly now demolished Astoria
• Recording Studios where music legends such as the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix and others recorded
• Songs & Streets including Waterloo Sunset, Baker Street, White Man In Hammersmith, Electric Avenue and lots more
• Deaths including Marc Bolan, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Meek, Brian Epstein and others
• Miscellaneous includes the Chelsea Drugstore on the Kings Road - as featured in the Rolling Stones classic You Can't Always Get What You Want - and the spot beside the River Thames where the Sex Pistols where arrested
Three ways to find the music in the streets
A fold out map and guide
Small enough to carry around in a back pocket yet packed full of facts on all the top music sites.
The London Music Map fold out map and guide details the locations of over 65 sites of special musical interest in central London, including where iconic album cover photographs were taken, the greatest live music venues and recording studios, where legendary music idols where born, lived and even where they died.
A stunning art print
The London Music Map art print is an exciting visual representation of London’s colourful music history.
Whilst some license has been taken with geographic locations, no stone has been left unturned when it comes to historical detail. Covering a period that spans from the early 1960s to the late 1990s, this beautiful piece of art gives, at a glance, a fantastic impression of just how special London’s music scene is and why people love it so much.
The London Music Map website is the place to go to find out even more about London's world famous music history.
We hope to one day be able to present an interactive map of London showing all the information contained on our printed products, but in the mean time, check back often as we add more fascinating facts all the time and update our range of cool, music map-related merchandise.
for anyone who loves to listen to the sounds of the city